Fan tokens have been an exciting addition to the crypto and blockchain space. While not everyone sees merit in supporting sports teams that way, The New England Patriots certainly do. A partnership with Socios will bring the first NFL fan token to this industry, but it will likely not be the last.
A New Era For The New England Patriots
- Fan tokens are nothing new in the crypto and blockchain world.
- Although their exact purpose remains limited, various soccer teams have a native token.
- Traditionally, token holders can vote on decisions regarding their football club, even if it carries little weight.
- However, fan tokens can enhance the overall experience as holders feel “more connected” to their team and the players.
- One notably absent franchise from fan tokens is the NFL, despite the sport having millions of fans worldwide.
- The New England Patriots may shake up that narrative following a partnership with Socios.
- It is the first NFL deal with a fan token issuer.
- Socios has partnered with 24 NBA teams, although U.S. securities laws remain tricky to navigate.
- Through the Patriots Fan Predictions tokens, fans can earn rewards for answering game-related questions every week.
- Those answers can be submitted via the Patriots.com website or mobile application.
- No other specifics have been announced at this time, including a price for the token.
- Socios has a direct partnership with Robert Kraft, owner of the New England Patriots and New England Revolution soccer team.
- Through this deal, Socios has secured the first Major League Soccer Partnership.
- It is unclear if other NFL teams will pursue similar opportunities.